This is one of a series of posts about books used as source material for Art Song Central.
Book Title: Songs and Airs by George Frideric Handel (Volume II for Low Voice)
Editor: Ebenezer Prout
Publisher: Oliver Ditson Company
A complete copy of this work can be found at Google Books: Songs and Airs by George Frideric Handel, Volume II
Contents: Opera or oratorio in italics.
- Amadigi Tu mia speranza
- Acis and Galatea Recit: I rage, I melt, I burn! Aria: O ruddier than the cherry
- Esther Turn not, O Queen, thy face away
- Radamisto Ombra cara
- Floridante Non lasciar
- Giulio Cesare Dal fulgar di questa spada
- Rodelinda Dove sei, amato bene?
- Rodelinda Con rauco mormorio
- Lotario Già mie sembra
- Poro È prezzo leggiero
- Ezio Se un bell’ ardire
- Orlando Sorge infausta una procella
- Deborah In the battle fame pursuing
- Deborah Tears such as tender fathers shed
- Ariodante Al sen ti stringo e parto
- Alcina Verdi prati, selve amene
- Alexander’s Feast Revenge, Timotheus cries
- Berenice Si, tra i ceppi
- Saul O Lord, whose mercies numberless
- Israel in Egypt Thou shalt bring them in
- Deidamia Nel riposo e nel contento
- Messiah He shall feed His flock
- Messiah He was despised
- Samson Thy glorious deeds inspired my tongue
- Samson Honor and arms
- Samson How willing my paternal love
- Semele Hymen, haste! thy torch prepare!
- Semele Leave me, loathsome light!
- Belshazzar Great God! Who yet but darkly known
- Belshazzar O sacred oracles of truth
- Belshazzar Recit: Rejoice, my countrymen! Arioso: Thus saith the Lord to Cyrus His anointed
- Judas Maccabeus Arm, arm, ye brave!
- Judas Maccabeus Father of Heaven
- Joshua See, the raging flames arise
- Joshua Heroes, when with glory burning
- Joshua Shall I in Mamre’s fertile plain
- Theodora As with rosy steps the morn
- Theodora Lord, to Thee each night and day
- The Triumph of Time and Truth Loathsome urns, disclose your treasure
- The Triumph of Time and Truth False, destructive ways of pleasure
Song posts will be created as time and discretion allow. If you would like me to give priority to a aria that is not yet posted, please let me know via the contact page.