This is one of a series of posts about books used as source material for Art Song Central.
Book Title: Twelve Elizabethan Songs 1601-1610
Editor: Janet Dodge
Publisher: A. H. Bullen
Google Books has a downloadable copy of Twelve Elizabethan Songs.
- Though you are young (Thomas Campion)
- When to her lute Corinna sings (Thomas Campion)
- Shall I come if I swim? (Thomas Campion and Philip Rosseter)
- My love is neither young nor olde (Robert Jones)
- Time stands still with gazing on her face (John Dowland)
- Ye bubling springs (Thomas Greaves)
- Dost thou withdraw thy grace? (John Danyel)
- I dye when as I doe not see (John Danyel)
- Doe not, O doe not prize thy beautie (Robert Jones)
- Unconstant love (Alfonso Ferrabosco the younger)
- Shall a frowne or angrie eye (William Corkine)
- Sweet Cupid, ripen her desire (William Corkine)
Each of the 12 songs in this volume will be uploaded as song posts are created for them. If you would like me to give priority to a song that is not yet posted, please let me know via the contact page.