Title: Now sleeps the Crimson Petal
Music: Roger Quilter (1877-1953)
Free at Art Song Central (PDF files):
Elsewhere on the Internet:
- Scanned at the University of Rochester
- Key: PDF available in G♭ Major
- Range: E♭4 – G♭5
- Transcribed at the Choral Public Domain Library by Anne Dubrofsky
- Key: PDF available in F Major
- Range: D4 – F5
Now sleeps the crimson petal, now the white;
Nor waves the cypress in the palace walk;
Nor winks the gold fin in the porphyry font:
The fire-fly wakens: waken thou with me.
Now folds the lily all her sweetness up,
And slips into the bosom of the lake:
So fold thyself, my dearest, thou, and slip
Into my bosom and be lost in me.
- Recmusic.org has the original Tennyson text.