This is one of a series of posts about books used as source material for Art Song Central.
Book Title: Select English Songs and Dialogues of the 16th and 17th Centuries
Editor: Arnold Dolmetsch
Publisher: Boosey and Co.
Google Books has a complete version for download as a PDF file: Select English Songs and Dialogues of the 16th and 17th Centuries
- O Death rock me asleep (attr. Boleyn)
- With my Love my Life was nestled (Morley)
- Love wing’d my hopes (Morley)
- What if my Mistresse (Morley)
- The Lachrymae Pavan [Flow my tears, 2 voice version] (Dowland)
- Now ye Springe is come (unknown)
- I Prethee Sweet (Lawes)
- Cloris sigh’d (unknown)
- Lye still my Deare (unknown)
- The Primrose (Lawes)
- O my Clarissa (Lawes)
- The Lark (Lawes)
Songs from this volume will be uploaded, when appropriate, as song posts are created for them. If you would like me to give priority to a song that is not yet posted, please let me know via the contact page.